In order to support sound management of the proposed project and provide quality reporting, IRDT has established and maintained a system for monitoring implementation progress using pre-defined objectives, outputs, indicators and targets.
- A Mid-term Assessment/Review will be undertaken to ensure project outputs are responsive to the needs of the target beneficiaries.
- An online survey will be administered prior to project implementation.
- After the online project interventions, an impact-based assessment through Focus Group Discussion (FGD) will be facilitated to measure the impact of the implemented capacity building interventions.
This project model was chosen based on IRDT’s previous experience with youth on social media. We have seen the impact firsthand. Since this group of young people had already been trained on social media platforms, the project tapped into their full potential and just provided reorientation on social media.
Additionally, IRDT strongly believes in the power of youth to spread positive messages among their peer groups both face to face and online.
Interesting Research Findings
While the project is not yet complete, the management team has reflected on areas of improvement and goals for the future.
- The need to deepen youth knowledge on promoting preventive measures of VET and its relation to the drivers of VET
- This project reveals the need of the youth sector to be oriented and capacitated through awareness raising sessions, trainings and seminars (virtual and in-person), so that they are more vigilant and cautious of the threat of VET
- Need for youth to understand and recognize the level of their vulnerability to VET recruitment
- Establish a platform for youth engagement to address VET issues
- Formulation and reproduction of VET IEC materials and key messages through traditional advocacy and contemporary media.
- Direct beneficiaries: 360 individuals across ZamPenBaSulTa areas, (60% female, 40% male).
- Indirect beneficiaries: 725,957 individuals (20% of the population of ZamPenBaSulTa).